Home

Saturday, December 31

What I'm Reading


I just finished a fiction novel called Dreaming Anastasia. I picked it up in Borders during their going out of business sale. I’ve always had an interest in Anastasia Romanov, and I especially love the animated movie (I actually looked at a “Together in Paris” necklace on Etsy).

The book follows Anne Michaelson, a modern day seventeen year old girl who has dreams that connect her to the last Grand Duchess of Russia, Anastasia Romanov, who through magic and betrayal, is still alive. Ethan, a hot guy with a long history, shows up and tells Anne it’s her destiny to save Anastasia. 

It may not have been the best written YA novel, but I really enjoyed the story. It certainly stands out from every other Anastasia story. Joy Preble switches between first person narrations from three different characters very nicely, which can often be difficult to read. 

If you’re looking for an easy vacation read and have some interest in Russian folklore/Romanov stories, I recommend Dreaming Anastasia. Next up, The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch!

Image Source

1 comment: