Home

Thursday, April 19

Exciting News

On Tuesday I received some of the best news of my life. It was a job offer, which is amazing for anyone who is graduating college in a few weeks, but it's the "who" in this equation that makes it extremely amazing. And what company is that, you ask?

The Walt Disney Company
Yes! Back in January I applied for the Disney College Program. It's essentially a co-op that allows college students to work in the parks for 3-7 months. I had my interview in February and have been waiting to hear if I was accepted up until now.

It feels a bit surreal, but in June I will leave trade western New York for Lake Buena Vista as I go to work at Walt Disney World for until January! Where I'll be in the parks or what I'll be doing I don't know yet, but I couldn't be more excited.

I know some people might think that this isn't really a step forward for someone who just earned their Bachelor's degree ("You're working at a theme park!"), but let me give you a few reasons why it is:

1. Walt Disney World is the number one entertainment destination in the world.
2. Disney is a Fortune 100 (yes, even more elite than the Fortune 500) company who owns other empires like ABC, ABC Family, ESPN, Marvel, Touchstone, etc.
3. They are known for the high standards they hold their employees to.
4. Disney doesn't like to hire from the outside. The DCP is how you get your foot in the door so you can work at one of their amazing businesses.

That last reason is why I am especially beyond thrilled for this opportunity. When January comes, it's my goal to go on to further employment with Disney.

Plus, it's Disney! You guys know how much I love it, and this has been the biggest dream come true for me. The future is bright and magical.

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment