Home

Tuesday, April 17

The Girl on Fire

I haven't posted my nail pictures in a while, and this one is especially late. I went to see The Hunger Games (oh my goodness, so many emotions!) and of course I had to do my nails especially for the occasion.
My polish of choice was China Glaze Electrify, which is from the Capitol Colors collection (yes, the highly controversial HG polishes). This gold and red glitter is so amazing. This one is supposed to represent District 5, the power district. I layered it over OPI Thank You Very Muchness and finished with a top coat.
The result was a mani I could not keep my eyes off of. I was constantly checking out my nails because they switched between looking like molten gold and actual fire.
This polish sparkles like no tomorrow. This is a picture of the glitter blurred so you can get more of an idea of how much bling is in it.
It's been a while, but I remember it applying fairly well. I was afraid that the glitter would be very sparse, hence the base color, but it turned out to be quite generous. The polish lasted quite a while, but taking it off was a pain. I found it was better to peel and chip it off myself rather than use nail polish remover. I'm still looking for ways to remove glitter easily.

And in case you didn't realize how much I love The Hunger Games, let me show you what else I wore to the premiere: It's a necklace I got from Etsy and I absolutely love it.
It's a old-fashioned pocket watch with a different HG-related charms. It has the mockingjay with the arrow, Peeta's pearl, and a tree. The finished package is more related to Catching Fire, but definitely still appropriate. I also like that because there are different parts, you wouldn't know it's based on the series at a glance.

Do you like The Hunger Games nail polish? Have you seen the movie? Have you ever bought book/movie inspired jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment