Home

Monday, March 5

Kelly Cutrone's ANTM Interview

I'm a huge fan of America's Next Top Model, which premiered a new cycle last Wednesday. This one features both American and British contestants, as well as a new judge, PR mogul, Kelly Cutrone.

I found this interview she did with Glamour today, and it's fantastic. She gives a lot of information on the show and deliberations. Here's one highlight:

Glamour: Was there ever a moment this season when you had to deliver a Kelly Cutrone smackdown on any of the girls?

Kelly: Episode 3 is a big smackdown moment with me. Which I really thought if I keep smacking down we might not have any girls left. I actually thought, what happens if they all go at once? What happens if this spreads like wildfire? But in episode three there’s a big moment with me and a girl, and I just called her out right in the middle of judging and it was a big to-do. You know, I’m not there to be, like, “Hi, I really like your shoes.” I’m there to be, like, “Are you serious? People might think this was a good photo shoot, but if this was a photo shoot for my client, I’d be fired. Because you’re not a model. You look good in clothes but you can’t move. You don’t have eight different looks to give me. Pick up your foot and move it!” If you don’t know what your body angles are and you don’t know how to work a camera, don’t f*cking be here."

Wow! You can read the full interview (and I suggest you do if you watch ANTM) here.

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment