Home

Wednesday, March 21

A Scandalous Matte Manicure

Today's mani may not be seasonally appropriate (I was watching Harry Potter at the time), but it is very cool. It was also one of the simplest ones I've done in a long time. It took me less than an hour to do my nails!
For my base color I chose Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Black Out. This polish is super cheap, but amazingly pigmented. I only needed one coat. Then I layered on one coat (yes, one!) of Revlon's Scandalous. Then to finish the look, I added a coat of Essie's Matte About You. That's it! Just three easy coats!
Scandalous is an amazing little jelly. It contains magenta micro glitter and hex glitter. I felt like the formula was much better than Whimsical, even though they're essentially the same. I also wasn't worried about getting as much glitter on my nails as possible, although the glitter did come out easier this time.
My nails looked cool with pink-purple glitter over black, but it felt a bit ordinary. I added the matte top coat and oh my goodness, instant love. It made the black look like a chalkboard or tar, and then the glitter took on a whole new look. It gave them a bit of a galaxy feel, which I've been wanting to try.
Would you wear this polish? What other colors should I layer Scandalous over?

No comments:

Post a Comment