Home

Thursday, February 16

Revlon's Whimsical Lives Up to Its Name

A couple of weeks ago I was walking through Wal-Mart's beauty aisle when this polish jumped out at me. So naturally I went, "Ooh!" and bought it.
Whimsical is a light blue with little circles of silver glitter and big blue and pink hex glitter pieces. What was unexpected is that it's a jelly, which means it's meant for layering. I decided to put a thin coat of OPI's Alpine Snow on as a base color and layered four, yes FOUR coats of Whimsical over that.
At the time, I didn't know that Revlon's Whimsical was a straight up copy of Deborah Lippmann's $18 Glitter In The Air. I was just aware of how pretty the polish was. Now that I do know, I feel a little bad.  Anyways, back to my nails. You'd think I would have super thick nails with five coats of polish on, but it's no different than my usual two.
Okay, so what did I think. I love it! The light blue is so cute and while it was a little difficult at first to get the glitter pieces it was totally worth it. I like that you can see some of it buried in the other layers.
This mani feels really fun. As strange as it sounds, it reminds me of eggs. Like, I look at my nails and I think of Easter eggs, robin's eggs, and even dinosaur eggs (I don't quite understand that one myself).
I'll be wearing it a lot in the Spring. And because it's a thin jelly, you can change up the look by simply swapping the base color. I can't wait to try putting different blues and purples underneath. What do you think of Whimsical?

No comments:

Post a Comment