Home

Tuesday, February 14

Taylor Swift Debuts Hunger Games Video



Last night the music video for Taylor Swift and The Civil War's song "Safe & Sound" was released. The lovely ballad is for The Hunger Games soundtrack.

The song already makes me want to shed a tear, but seeing the video really made me want to break down. It's bleak and haunting, and well, down right beautiful. I feel like it really fits the tone of The Hunger Games. Heck, Taylor even looks a bit down-trodden.

Taylor said it's one of her favorite videos and it gave her "chills." And despite being a super Taylor fan, I didn't realize that she wrote the song with The Civil Wars. She said, ""I just knew I wanted it to deal with sort of the empathy, the more sad, bitter-sweet side of the story." I just saw that it was for a movie and completely forgot that she's an amazing songwriter. Sorry, girl.

I love the video, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment