Home

Saturday, February 18

Manicure Challenge: Reverse Manicure

I did this a while ago, but I never posted it even though I absolutely love this look. Better late than never!


A lot of people like to use black for their half-moon reverse manicure, which is similar to how the trend started in the 1930s. I decided to use a silver glitter because hey, who doesn’t love glitter? The base is Essie Smokin’Hot. While Essie’s website says the color is a “stone-cold fox gray” I’m pretty sure it’s purple. 
To create the half-moons, I used the thin Kiss Nail Artist brush to draw the half circle and then filled it in. I've seen people use paper reinforcers (you know, those stickers that you place on three-hole punched paper) to make the half moons, but that seemed more difficult for me. Besides, isn’t it more fun to say you did it all by yourself? 

I love this look because the dark color, reminiscent of a jewel tone with sparkles is perfect for winter. Have you done the reverse manicure? What are your favorite color combinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment