Home

Tuesday, February 7

Sparkle Rays Challenge (Finally!)

Two weeks ago I presented my next manicure challenge, the sparkle rays. Then my nails broke down to stubs and I had to cancel. They grew back to a sad, but acceptable length and I was finally ready to do this manicure.
For my base color, I used two coats of Essie's Dive Bar. This is an interesting polish to say the least. Essie describes it as "a mysterious blackest blue with shimmer," but in the bottle you can pick up greens and purples so that it almost looks like a holo. It's kind of like a mermaid got caught in an oil spill.
However, I found that once I put it on all I saw was black. Now that it's dry I can see some of the blue-green when it's reflected in the light, but not much. I'll have to try it on it's own again later.
 For the designs, I took my Kiss Nail Artist in the silver glitter and painted easy lines. I started in the middle of the base and pulled out each of the various directions. I did each nail in sections.
To finish, I put on two coats of Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Strengthening Top Coat. Overall, I like this nail art. It's a great way to liven up your winter nails without going bright. The design was also very simple and easy, but the effect is awesome.

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment