Home

Saturday, January 28

Change of Plans

I have some sad news, you guys. My fingernails all broke to the point of hopelessness, so I cannot do this week's manicure challenge. It's not just that they're short, it's that I basically have no free edges. I'm going to let them grow out and get stronger, and then do the sparkle rays next week.
To make up for it, I painted my toes and did a fun little design. I used Jade in the Shade from Nicole by OPI for my base color. It's a beautiful color that reflects the light wonderfully. The design is Kiss Nail Artist black (of course).
I applied two coats of Jade in the Shade. The second coat had to be a bit more generous due to the odd fact that my toe nails aren't exactly flat/smooth. The color photographed a little darker than it looks in person, but you still get the idea of what it looks like.
For the design, I chose this simple star shape. I didn't want it to look perfect, so I painted it with little flicks of the brush instead of smooth, careful lines.

Let's hope that my nails recover so I can do the manicure challenge. Please feel free to comment with any suggestions for building longer and stronger nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment