Home

Monday, January 30

What I'm Reading: The Hunger Games

There's been a lot of talk about The Hunger Games recently, even though the first book in the trilogy came out in 2008. Why? The movie, of course.

I admit, I didn't really know anything about The Hunger Games. I saw it come up occasionally when being compared to Twilight (all arguments said it was vastly better in all forms), but other than that, nothing. Then I saw this trailer:


Oh my goodness! Are you intrigued? I was. If you didn't watch because you don't want to spoil it for yourself, I'll give you a brief intro. Every year a girl and a boy from each of the twelve districts in the country of Panem (once North America) must participate in the Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death. When her younger sister is chosen, Katniss Everdeen volunteers as tribute to the Games. Cue danger, alliances, survival, and some conflicting emotion towards her District 12 male counterpart.

I devoured this book. It is so amazing I could see why both girls and guys love the series. The characters are so (what's another word for amazing?) spectacular, and the plot kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Half way through the book I wasn't sure how this could turn into a trilogy, but then a couple turn of events convinced me otherwise. I absolutely recommend that you read this book. Believe the hype, they are fantastic. I'm going to pick up the next one this week, so go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment