Home

Saturday, January 21

Simple Mickey Mouse Nails

As you may have noticed, there was no manicure challenge post this week. Instead of attempting someone else's nail art, I decided to do my own, themed with my trip. I knew there was no way I could paint characters on my nails like some people. That's how I wound up with my own, simple, but cute, design. I present my Mickey Mouse Nails!

I started out with two coats of Essie Lilacism on all of my nails but one. It's a super light and creamy purple, very innocent. I usually like to retire this one for winter, but because Florida is warm, I decided to break it out.

On my ring fingers, I did two coats of a polish I picked up at Delia's a while back. It doesn't have a name, but in the bottle it looks like a light periwinkle. But on, it's a deeper purple.
Now onto the nail art. I took my white Kiss Nail Artist (can you tell I LOVE this stuff?) and tried to paint a circle in the middle of my nail, down towards the free edge, and fill it in. It was hard! As it turns out, these brushes are much better at painting lines. For the ears and other nail, I did paint dots/drops and expanded them.

I then finished off with a top coat of Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails Nylon + Retinol Strengthener. I don't really have pictures because I didn't have time to do a clean up. I only have a single digit number of hours before I leave.

Here's hoping I can show my nails off to someone in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment