Home

Saturday, January 14

Curtain Nails Challenge

My manicure challenge this week was curtain nails. The result was a cute and graphic mani that I cannot stop looking at.
The picture I reference used a seafoam/mint green, I had considered using a similar color combo, until I picked up Essie's Bachelorette Bash. It's a bright fuchsia, hot pink. The color isn't quite matte, but it doesn't shimmer. I suppose that makes it a standard shine. For the design, I used Kiss Nail Artist in black.
I painted on two coats of Bachelorette Bash and let them completely dry. Then, I took the the black and drew a line from the side of my nail, starting the free edge and curving up like the top of a heart to the middle of the nail. I filled it in, and then did the same on the other side.
I finished with two top coats. The first was Nail Tek Quicken and the second was Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat. I have to say though, I'm not liking either one. Nail Tek is good for building strong nails, but it's lacking here. If anyone can recommend a good top coat that doesn't make the color run, please let me know.
I really have fallen in love with this nail art. It was fairly easy (though using my left hand presenting difficulties as always), and it just looks so sharp. The design almost has a mod feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment