Home

Friday, March 16

Metallic Dots

I did my very first manicure using a dotting tool, and I have to say, I'm pretty happy. I am also proud that I came up with this idea on my own, instead of looking at other manis for inspiration.
The base color is OPI's I Have a Herring Problem, from their Holland collection. Let me tell you, it is so gorgeous! It's a lovely blue-gray with little, itty-bitty shimmers in it. For the dots I used Sally Hansen's Time to Shine, a bronzey-gold, which I also adore.
To make the dots I actually used a sewing pin! I mean, why buy a professional dotting tool when you have things around your house that do the same thing? I just rubbed the rounded end of the pin on the brush, tapped the excess polish onto a piece of paper, and then pressed the polished pin to my nail.
For the design I did four dots in a vertical line on each nail, with five dots on the thumbs. Since I'm new at dotting, they're not all equal, but I still like it. They ended up reminding of jeans because the blue looked like denim with brass buttons. Talk about a fashion mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment