Home

Wednesday, March 14

Notable Fashion from The Hunger Games Premiere

It has started! The first premiere for The Hunger Games was held in Los Angeles, which means we're getting closer and closer to the grand release date.
Let's start with Jennifer Lawrence, who completely aced the night in her gold Prabal Gurung gown. It had cutout sides and back, an ultra cool metallic sheen, and some sheer fabric on the shoulders. I love her hair and dark nails, too. She definitely looks like a girl on fire. 
Next up is Elizabeth Banks, who also went for a fiery approach to fashion. Her orange dress featured plastic, circular designs, which I have to admit is growing on me (It's very Effie, no?). The hair, however, I'm not feeling.
Some people are saying that Miley Cyrus stole the night with her cropped top, but I think Jennifer still wins. I like Miley's hair short and I don't hate the outfit, I'm just not sure if the gypsy-esque ensemble was appropriate for the night.
Tributes Glimmer and Foxface, played by Levin Rambin and Jacqueline Emerson, get high marks from me for their colorful gowns. I love how it almost looks like they choose them based off of what would look good with their hair colors. I must say though, with the sparkle and plunging neckline, Levin wins this round.
The fashion surprise of the night was Amandla Stenberg who plays little Rue. She looks adorable and sophisticated at the same time, and I love that green! The cap sleeves are fabulous, as is her 1920s inspired hair. Can I have a bigger version pf this dress for myself?

What were your favorite fashions at the premiere?

Image Source Image Source Image Source Image Source Image Source Image Source

1 comment:

  1. All the tributes looked fabulous! I don't know how Jennifer pulled off that dress. It looks like some kind of weird gold foil and should not look good on a human being, but DAMN, the girl looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete